Saturday, October 30, 2010

2 days

So here I am trying to make good on my vow to blog more. Twice in one week - YES! That equals success for this very busy wife, mother, and pastor!

2 days until my little monkey's birthday! I can't believe it! In some ways this year has flown by! In other ways, it has been kind of slow. Especially those first 38 days while he was in the NICU. Those days just seemed to drag on.

Tonight we have Trunk or Treat at church. I am excited. Josh has his little costume. He is going to be a dragon. His costume is just adorable. I will take pictures and at least post them on Facebook, if not here. I would have to learn how to post pictures on here. But I know I will take tons of pictures.

I can't help but sit here and think how bad I felt on October 30 and 31 last year. I never imagined that I would be delivering my baby on November 1, 6 1/2 weeks early. But God took care of him. And I didn't have to spend 39 or 40 weeks pregnant. It was dragging on anyway.

I just finished sorting through Josh's clothes and his birthday gifts. I cleaned out his closets and his drawers to get rid of the small stuff, and make room for the new. We also decided what we were going to give Josh for his birthday. I bought so much stuff that his birthday and Christmas is finished! That is an accomplishment!

His birthday party will be next Saturday. We decided not to compete with Halloween, especially when we found out the church would be celebrating today. That would have been too much celebration for one day. I have all his birthday party supplies and decorations taken care of. All we have left to worry about is the food. How wonderful! It has been so fun planning his party. It sure is ging to be an exciting week around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment