Friday, June 12, 2009

Updated News

It has been awhile. We had our appointment yesterday afternoon to attempt to hear stubborn baby Baird's heartbeat. So needless to say, since this child has Matt and me as parents, I was not surprised that we could not hear his/her heartbeat. The doctor ordered an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. I was a little nervous, but mainly concerned because I thought the Dr. thought something could be wrong. He did mention that he was picking up the placenta and that the placenta could be blocking the little baby.

We went up front to schedule the ultrasound, just to found out the tech was on vacation. They sent us to the hospital for an ultrasound. The ultrasound was scheduled for an hour later. I was so happy they could squeeze us in. The hospital itself is so much better than the ER and the doctor's office. We went right in and got called right back. The ultrasound tech was so nice. I was pretty nervous, but I knew it would be ok. Once she got my belly pictured on the screen, she said I see a baby and a strong heartbeat! Words like that never sounded so good. Then she let us hear the heartbeat. I cried. The baby's heartbeat was 170 beats per minute. I was so excited. They baby looks so human-like already. It just has an incredibly large head. We are about 5 weeks from them being comfortable attempting to check for the sex. We both have a strong feeling that it is a girl.

Well that is about all I am going to say for now. We are just excited that everything is ok. Our next appointment is scheduled for four weeks. It feels so good to be on a regular schedule of going to the doctor. They aren't monitoring my blood pressure anymore. At my appointment in 4 weeks, we will set up an appointment to find out the sex! We cannot wait! That is all for now. I will write again before the four weeks is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment