Monday, September 14, 2009

After the diabetes test

It's been a rough week. First things first. Matt and I were up at Mom and Dad's Saturday night. I started experiencing some cramping and some twitching. I had experienced it Friday night and called the OB/GYN on-call. She gave me some stuff to do and said if it came back to call them and come to the hospital. Well it came back Saturday night. We left Mom and Dad's to go the hospital back home. They put me in a room on the labor and delivery floor. It was a weird experience being there instead of the ER. I told Matt it was practice for what is to come in three months. The doctor's checked a lot of stuff and decided part of what I was feeling was just normal, and the rest was due to a bladder infection. I am concerned because this is my second one. Hopefully, I will not have another.

Today I went to the doctor's for my diabetes test. That turned out well. No diabetes for me! Yay! I am so happy for that. My weight gain was not as much as it had been last time. I do feel self-conscious about it and I am worried that I might be gaining too much. I do not want to gain too much. The doctor did mention that my uterus is higher than it should be at my stage of pregnancy. He does not think the due date is wrong, just that my uterus, and maybe the baby, is growing ahead of schedule. So he scheduled an ultrasound for three weeks to get some measurements.

I told the doctor about some pain I have been having for awhile. It has kept getting worse. I told Matt a few weeks ago that it felt like my pelvic bone could be bruised. He diagnosed me with a misalligned pelvis. He said that as my pelvis stretches and parts it hurts more than it normally would as the bone parts and the cartilage parts. The doctor also mentioned that women with this type of issue often have to have a c-section. This makes me really apprehensive. Please keep us in your prayers.

I am getting more and more apprehensive about this pregnancy. I feel Josh move so often. I never knew it was possible to love someone this much who you haven't even met. I am still incredibly emotional. That part drives Matt crazy! My due date flops between December 8 and December 15. December 15 is three months from tomorrow. It is unreal to think that I could have a baby in three months or less! I just can't believe that. But I also know we could run a couple weeks past the December 15 date. matt just wants the baby here before the end of the year for his tax refund. I would not mind if Josh came early. One of our doctor's thinks it is possible for that to be the case. I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment