Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a New Year, time for New Beginnings!

The new year is a perfect time to think about new goals and new beginnings. It can be a kind of depressing time though, especially for those of us, like me, who do not like change. But I tend to find myself welcoming the new year more than dreading it because it is a chance for a fresh start.

2011 is going to be a good year, I can feel it. Tomorrow (January 3rd) is our 2nd wedding anniversary. It's been an amazing two years. We have been blessed with so much. But these past two years have had more than their fair share of difficulties. So I say it is time for Matt and I to have a fairly easy and really good year. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the strength I have gained, the closeness that has come to us, and the lessons learned from hard times, and the good over the past two years far outweighs the bad, but I do not desire to repeat some of what we have gone through!

I believe in giving myself goals for the new year. I do not like to call them resolutions, because to me resolutions seem like something people make just to break a month or two later (if they last that long). I am a very ambitious and determined person and I strive hard to complete whatever I set my mind to, so here are my goals for 2011:

1. Attitude is everything. I am going to try to remain positive and to see the good in each situation. I will strive to believe that things will turn out okay, and that no matter what, my life is in God's hands. He will take care of me.

2. I will lose weight. Not just try, I will do it. I am motivated and determined. I have already started. I didn't gain weight over Christmas, so that is a start. I will exercise and eat better. And Matt is there to encourage me.

3. I will not be so quick to judge or accuse. I will try to see everyone the way God sees them, and I will try to see things from someone else's perspective (you know, walk a mile in their shoes).

4. This is the one that scares me: I avow to try not to procrastinate. We will see how this turns out.

5. I want to grow closer to God. Read the whole Bible in one year, pray more, listen more, and be more willing, and eager, to follow his leading.

6. I will grow closer to my husband. I vow to start less arguments. I will communicate better, listen more, be more understanding, more patient, and more thoughtful.

7. Hopefully, 2011 will see the beginning of Baird baby number 2. We will see how that plays out.

8. I will take more time for myself. I will love more, have more fun, laugh more, cry less, make time for more family time, and help others.

These are my goals. Stay tuned to see how they turn out!

I wish you all a new year filled with happiness, love, joy and peace.

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment