Friday, July 13, 2012

The Eve of Full Term

Tomorrow will be a big day for me.  I will be considered full term, having made it to 37 weeks!  I am so proud and excited!  It means if Rachel were born, she would be just fine!  After everything we have been through, that is quite an accomplishment!  Way to go, Rachel!

I am ready to meet my little girl.  These last couple weeks have gone by so slow, especially since I have been getting stronger contractions.  I have so many of the symptoms and signals that show labor is on its way, and I am still pregnant.  I read many of the women who start showing these signs go into labor within days or a week.  I have been dealing with mine for two weeks.  Come on, little girl!  We are so ready to meet you and you made it to a safe place!  Hopefully, labor is just around the corner.

On Wednesday, I found out I am dilated over two centimeters.  When I get to a four, they will keep me at the hospital.  I have been getting stronger, more painful contractions.  Apparently, my contractions just need to get longer.  My OB confirmed for me on Wednesday that my internal scar for my c-section was done the preferable way for me to have my girl naturally.  I am a candidate for a natural delivery.  My doctor believes I have a 70 - 80 % chance of being successful at delivering her myself.  The only thing we are worried about is her size.  We haven't seen Rachel on ultrasound recently, but the last time we did, her head measured large.  That could be an issue with trying to have her naturally.  But I want to try.  I want to go into labor.  I am hoping to go into labor before July 30.  She scheduled my section for the 30, and I don't think she would let me even try to have her naturally that day.  I assume we would just go ahead and do the section.  This pregnancy is concluding the exact opposite way of everything we dealt with when we had Josh.  I am so blessed.

I have another appointment Wednesday.  I will update again after that or when we have a little girl!  Please remember us in prayer in the coming weeks because I am getting anxious.  But I know my little girl is in God's hands, just like she has been this whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment