Thursday, July 9, 2009

Info on the baby and me

Matt and I went to our latest doctor's appointment this past Monday. Since I am seventeen weeks, we were hoping the doctor would go ahead and schedule the ultrasound to find out the sex. We were told that would happen between 16 and 20 weeks. The visit before this one, that doctor mentioned they don't typically like to do it before 18 weeks so as not to disappoint moms when babies aren't quite ready. I had my hopes up that we would get an ultrasound. No luck. Our ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, July 27. I just pray the baby cooperates. I hope he/she will not react like his/her stubborn parents might in the situation. I am so anxious to find out!

Everything else at our appointment looked good. My blood pressure is down and my sugar isn't at bad levels. The doctor is impressed with my weight. I am at 17 weeks and have only gained 8 pounds. This was a surprise for me. I never struggle with putting on weight. I am just impressed that everything is so easy for me right now. I am at the stage where I feel great. This is so much better than how bad I felt at the beginning.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. I felt the baby move for the first time last night! I was excited. It was a really subtle movement at first. It got a little more rapid, but was never very strong. I knew what it was right away. Matt hates that he can't feel anything at this point, but I told him that will come soon enough.

That is about all I have to say right now. I will update again soon. If something significant happens then I will write before our next appointment. Otherwise, I will not write again until we hopefully know the sex of our little booger!

No comments:

Post a Comment