Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And the baby is....

Yesterday we went to our OB appointment. I was so nervous. They did my ultrasound first. It took about 30 minutes. The tech said that she would look at the sex last. So she had all this measuring to do. I was getting anxious of waiting. When she got around to looking at the sex the baby just would not cooperate. It took forever but we finally found out.

We are having a baby boy!!!! And he is perfectly fine, healthy, and at normal size. We are so thankful for that. The tech examined his spine in the ultrasound yesterday, and she found no defects. She said at my next ultrasound she will be able to look at his brain. I had blood drawn yesterday to test for down syndrome. At my next appointment, which is at the end of August, they will test my sugar for gestational diabetes. I hope I do not have that! I have been through enough complications and sicknesses already. After that, we saw the doctor. He said everything looked good. I feel like I am finally in the clear, for now, and I am no longer as anxious.

We are just ready for the baby to be here! I am halfway through my pregnancy today. Hooray for 20 weeks! I was a little shocked at first to find out we were having a boy. I knew no matter what happened, someone would be disappointed. Matt's sister wanted us to have a boy because she had one last month. My dad and sister wanted a boy. Matt's dad would have been fine with either. Our mom's wanted it to be a girl. Matt had me convinced it was a girl. I had always wanted a boy first. Every little girl needs an older brother to look out for her. But because of Matt, I was convinced it was a girl and I felt like God was preparing me for that. We had been talking about a little girl for so long that I think that was what I was prepared for. I was also just paranoid. I only have a sister. I have no idea what to do with baby boys! But it will be okay.

I am very excited now that it sunk in. I am getting what I always wanted. When I was little I remember saying I wanted two boys and one girl. I didn't care about the birth order just as long as one of the boys came first. And that is happening. And above all, I am just thankful he is healthy. If all goes according to plan our bundle of joy will be here December 15. Of course I would be fine if he decided to come a couple weeks early. His name will be Joshua David. David is a family name in Matt's family, and it happens to be his middle name, so we are keeping it in the family. Joshua is a name we both like. Our inspiration came from the Joshua in the Bible. We can't wait to meet him in December! I will update again soon, most likely before my next appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment