Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Update

A lot has been going on since my last update. I am really bored just working part time. It's an adjustment not being in school. And I love writing, especially since one of my undergraduate degrees is in composition. I anticipate writing much more often. I am thinking about starting a journal for Josh so he will have it when he is older.

I have come around a lot to the idea of having a baby boy. I am so excited, and Matt is even more excited! Things are starting to come together. We have been working in Josh's nursery. He has clothes in his dresser and his closet! His crib is on layaway and will be in his room in September! Thanks to my mom, I think Josh will have a complete wardrobe before he even arrives.

Josh has been moving for several weeks. I enjoy feeling him move around. He is quite the kicker already. I think I have a little soccer player living in my tummy for the time being. That would make sense because Josh would be taking after his father and aunt Amanda. I am in tune to Josh's active times. Matt has anxiously been waiting his turn to feel Josh move. I have heard different things that anywhere from 20 - 25 weeks would be normal for the father to feel something. Matt felt Josh move for the first time this past Friday. And Josh has moved several times since for his daddy. I think Josh loves his daddy!

I am starting to feel, and look, pregnant. It is definitely a different feeling, but a good one. I still am not liking the heat. But I am thankful everyday that Josh isn't due to be born this month, or next month, or even in October. It should be cooling off by the time I get really uncomfortable. And then when I am really big, it should be cold! I have come to the conclusion that my Christmas shopping will be done early to spare my discomfort. I hate crowded stores around Christmas time. My goal is to have all Christmas shopping completed by Halloween. That means shopping will start for me sometime during August. I also am anticipating getting Josh's nursery completely finished by Halloween as well. I have already visited two stores to create my baby registries. I loved picking out all the cute little things Josh will need. I like being prepared, and as I said, I hate crowded stores with people getting ready for Christmas. In case Josh comes early, I will be ready.

I wanted to be ready early for Josh's arrival. I think I am doing a great job. And everything else will come together nicely over the next two and a half months. My next doctor's appointment is August 24, but I imagine I will write before then due to boredom. So, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment