Thursday, July 23, 2009

Update

Not a lot has been going on. I just couldn't wait to write again until Monday. I have been feeling very anxious. There are just so many new feelings going on. But most of all, I am feeling excited.

I have been experiencing some pain for a couple weeks. The OB said I didn't need to come in unless I started bleeding. I never started bleeding, but the pain got worse. In the middle of the night one day last week Matt convinced me to go to the ER for the sake of the baby and me. The ER doctor said I had two problems. I was having some severe stretching of the muscles and ligaments in my stomach area. But on top of that, he said I had a bad bladder infection. So we got that taken care of. Within a couple doses of the antibiotics the most intense pain went away. I am still having pulling and stretching feelings which can be pretty uncomfortable at times.

I swear that I get the rough end of the deal sometimes. 3 days after our ER visit I came down with a stomach bug complete with throwing up and a fever. I never once threw up with morning sickness, so I think it is quite unfair to throw up half way through my pregnancy. The bug went on for about 36 hours, but I am feeling much better now.

Matt and I are feeling very anxious for our appointment on Monday. We can't wait to find out what the baby is. Matt really really wants our baby to be a girl. I will take what I can get. Most men want boys, but I feel blessed that he wants a girl. This feels ironic to me because I always assumed I wanted a boy first, but my feelings have changed recently. Maybe it is God preparing us for our little girl! Matt feels pretty strongly that it is a girl. I know my in-laws want it to be a girl. Matt's sister just had her first and she had a boy. We will be fine either way as long as it is healthy. The baby already has a name regardless of the gender. Once the sex is determined, we will reveal the baby's name, and then I will be able to finish my baby registries. Let's just pray the baby will not be stubborn Monday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment