Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life at 33 1/2 weeks

Things have been busy the past few weeks.  I guess there are two big pieces of news to share.  First and foremost, I have been commissioned!!  It has been a long, hard road, but I made it.  I appreciate the love, support, and prayers of everyone along this journey.  Last week at Annual Conference (Sunday - Wednesday)  on the last day, I was commissioned with my peers.  It was a beautiful and humbling experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed the service.  I enjoyed seeing some friends of mine get ordained, and felt hopeful knowing that I will be there in a few years.  My experience was made even more beautiful by feeling my precious daughter moving around.  It's like she knew it was a special day for me.  I was pregnant with Josh at seminary graduation and I shared my commissioning experience with little Ms. Rachel.  I am extremely blessed.  What big surprises will I have when I get ordained?

The second piece of big news:  I am 33 1/2 weeks pregnant and STILL pregnant.  I am currently pregnant now longer than I was with Josh by 6 days.  Last week when I reached the day where I gave birth to Josh, there were a lot of tears.  Tears over Josh being born early and everything he had to go through.  Tears over the early ending of that pregnancy.  And then on Friday, when I had been pregnant one day longer, there were overwhelming tears of joy.  I felt joy and blessed and humbled.  I was so thankful to still be pregnant, and blessed that it appears there is no reason Rachel should come early. 

Overall, I still feel good.  That is such a relief, especially since I felt so bad while I was pregnant with Josh.  I am dealing with some minor inconveniences that I missed out on with Josh.  I get up at least 2 times every night to go to the bathroom, but normally, it is closer to 4 times a night.  I am experiencing horrid heartburn and some uncomfortable, pretty constant back pain, which is on top of the sciatica I was already experiencing.  But these later pregnancy problems are worth it if I can carry Rachel close to term. 

My next appointment is a week from today.  After that appointment, I will go to the doctor weekly and can probably expect to have weekly non-stress tests.  My OB originally said she would deliver me around 39 weeks.  The exact date appears to be between 38 1/2 and 39 1/2 weeks (Somewhere between July 25 and August 1).  But if the non-stress tests show us that Rachel needs to come earlier, my doctor won't hesitate to deliver her at 37 or 38 if she has to.  So we have not scheduled my delivery yet, but I am hoping to have an idea soon.  I am also hoping to see Rachel at my next appointment to see how big she is.  I have also been wondering if I have dialated or effaced any.  At my 31 week appointment with Josh the process had already started.  I will be certain to update after my appointment next week.  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment